Verified Reviewer

Agoda have charged me for a booking which was cancelled in February (with free cancellation). I have spent the last week sending numerous emails and several phone calls in order to resolve the issue.

However each communication is responded to by a different agent with me having to repeat over and over all the details but getting nowhere!. I'm therefore going round and round in circles but have got nowhere. Initially Agoda denied taking the money, then the excuse that my email address differs from my original one, now the latest one is that I had made TWO bookings for the same hotel, the same dates and strangely the same fee! They have now produced a second fictitious booking reference to back their claim.

Dealing with Agoda's Customer Service has been one of the most stressful experiences I've encountered.

I now feel beaten and demoralised by this experience and have to admit defeat. I had paid by credit card and have passed the matter over to them.

I would strongly urge against anybody using Agoda for online bookings.

From my dealings with their Customer Service they seem well practised in successfully evading dealing with unauthorised amounts charged until the customer is so ground down that they will give up. The stress caused from dealing with them is not worth it!

User's recommendation: Please do not use Agoda - it's not worth the stress!

Product or Service Mentioned: Booking Room Booking.

Agora Financial Cons: Theives, Unauthorised charge.

Comments