I'm not exactly sure, but I signed up to get a free book, "The Big Book of Income". I paid the shipping charge, giving my credit card information. A few weeks later, $104.00 charge showed up in my checking account for a subscription, I thought was free. I was careful to read the fine print, but I saw nothing that stated I would automatically be billed for a subscription. If I did see that I would never have signed up.

I have very little income. I was looking for income help. That charge threw my checking into overdraft, which added another $30 on top of that as a penalty. There was no warning. Because I am on a tight budget I have to be careful about any charges every week or I run out of money and my finances would be disrupted. The overdraft meant bills didn't get paid, so I have more penalties on top of that.

What recourse do I have? I called the company, and customer service cancelled my subscription and said my money would be credited back to my account 3-5 business days. I received an email stating that "I might receive a credit", but nothing says for sure. I am totally broke right now with no other help. Sad

Need Help.

Kimberly Boldt

Product or Service Mentioned: Agora Financial Subscription.

Reason of review: Misleading Advertising.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

WillingCeskyFousek

I want everyone here to know that I finally received a refund of the $104.00. So I am happy about that.

I also did receive the newsletter which is just basic financial information one could find on their own just doing a search. So, I'm not really impressed with that either. The book is also basic information you can find anywhere by doing a search. I was also able to get my overdraft penalties removed from my credit union.

So as far as I am concerned, this is settled with me. But as a warning to others here, do not fall for the Lifetime Income program from Agora Financial.

How to get a refund from these sleazy rip offs. It started with SBUX ,HML,AMAT and dont forget GILD.

All the while the market is passing by with huge gains. My dog could pic better stocks.

I too, have been taken. I lost $500 to this guy promising a cheap rate on gold.

I’ve done everything I know to do to get my money back.

Not one word back from him or his company. Expensive lesson.